Friday, September 02, 2005

Hugh's Birthday!!! Yeah!!!!


So, my man Hugh is 44 today! Wow! What an amazing thing! And how many amazing things has he done in those short 44 years? I would love to sit on the back porch of my house with him and talk for hours!!! I would love that! Oh the things I would learn! He is my hero.
I imagine he is sitting in his apartment celebrating that birthday. Just for today, he is wearing his Hughman Super Hero cape, eating homemade cookies and drinking the Hughman superhero elixir of life... (With an umbrella of course).
He might have even risked giving away his mild mannered alter ego by marching himself to the dog park in that same cape.
You never know with that Hugh. And hiding underneath the superhero cape, you are sure to find a pirate tattoo of some sort, I just know it! ARRGGG!
If you don't know Hugh, you should. We all should.
He is one of the best writers I know. He can make you laugh, cry, and think so hard your head hurts, all in one blog. He has a way of looking at the world that I love.

Hugh is a teenager trapped in a 44 year old body that is for sure!
He is the class clown in the chat room. (I am certainly the most serious one there.)
He can also channel a teenage girl in no time flat. Hugh also knows all the cool kid popular culture references, and even is daring enough to make up his own.... Hula Boola... totes brill for sure!
Hugh is so cool, his favorite color is black... who else is cool enough to say that?... oh, and lime green! Now that is coolness personified!!! Hugh is so cool that his favorite food is not the normal, "Mexican, Italian" crap. Oh no. That Hugh loves him some sushi.
The best thing about Hugh is his enormous heart! It is brimming with love for everyone he meets, and lots he may never meet.
So, I have asked Hugh lots of questions lately, and he has kindly put up with them all... but I have a few more questions for him in the form of a song that I heard today... (I couldn't help but think of him!)
Lyrics have been changed a bit to fit... please forgive me!

To be that good, it must be taxin’
No such thing as satisfaction
You’re makin’ things happen while I’m relaxin’
Like a Sunday afternoon
My dad used to tell me I was lazy
I got dance moves like Patrick Swayze
I’m the left over turkey for the world’s mayonnaisey
The star next to the moon

Now I know I’m just here to amuse you
And I don’t mean to abuse you
But if I could just use you one time

Tell me what it’s like
To be the queen of it all
The Neiman Marcus of the Mall
And tell me what it’s like to be the one and only
All American Hugh


Every now and then I get to the kneelin’
To thank him for it all
But you probably got some inside connection
So many numbers that you gotta rolodex them
So much muscle that you never gotta flex them
To catch you when you fall

And I know I’m just here to amuse you
And I don’t mean to confuse you
But if I could just use you one more time

Tell me what it’s like to be the house on the hill
The number one diet pill
And tell me what it’s like to be the one and only
All American Hugh


And I know you’re not here to amuse me
But you sure know how to confuse me
So if I could just ask you once again

To tell me what it’s like to be a star on the rise
A breakfast cereal prize
And tell me what it’s like to be the one and only
All American Hugh
The All American Hugh
The all amazing crazy Hugh...



The thing is, Hughman IS the all American. He is the breakfast cereal prize...the bee's knees, THE HULA BOOLA!!!
I love you Hughman! Happy birthday!
Here is your zoom song.

The president of your fan club...
Susiederk.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am lucky to have the v. best prez in the whole U.S.A.!!

you have made me one happy camper on my b-day!

The Other Gatekeeper said...

glad you got your blog figured out. sorry i couldn't be more helpful with the coding!

-spidey

Anonymous said...

could I at least be vp or treasurer or historian of the hula boola or some high appointed or elected office?

----paulapalooza