Thursday, October 27, 2005

Five hundred, Twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes...

How Do you measure a year?

Wow. You know, I am OLD now, so I must reflect before I get so old I can't remember...

Here are a few things I have learned in the past five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes...

*I actually Do like all kinds of music... and itunes rocks.
*Songs from itunes are not really 99 cents if you include tax.
*No matter what you have experienced in life, someone can top it.
*Some people are just down-right mean. Sometimes it really isn't me, it is them.
*Switching checking accounts is just as fun as having a tooth pulled.
*New cars smell like new car for a long long time.
*BT looks HOT in medieval wear.
*Bangalore is in India and even though they have diseases, they still have computer emergencies.
*Little red headed boys grow up, like it or not.
*Teenagers are pretty funny and have a lot to say if only you will ask the RIGHT questions and listen, really listen.
*I am not as smart as I think I am.
*Hula Boola is alive and well in our house.
*Putting skirting on a trailer house is as hard as it looks.
*I actually do like to work out.
*Craps is fun when someone else does the math.
*Pirates are really important.
*RLP chat is addictive.
*The real way to say it is... EXTRAGAVANT... :)
*Shallow pockets and bathroom visits are no good for cell phones.
*Parties can come in a box and make a big difference.
*BT is an awesome writer...
*If God continues to ask you to serve, you have to start saying YES.
*I am beloved. I am a child of God. I have been called by name. I have been charged to do better, to grow, and to love.
*Everyone else is a child of God, beloved and called.... like them or not.

Wow! What a year! Thanks friends, not only for the awesome birthday wishes, but for being a part of my life. I may not have known you a whole year, I may have known you my whole life, it may just feel like I have known you forever. No matter what, I thank you for making me who I am. You challenge me, love me, laugh with me, and make me better. For that, I am thankful.

5 comments:

The Other Gatekeeper said...

Hula Boola!

GingerBarryBrandt said...

Hey! I'm all emotional. I loved reading your birthday post! Thanks for putting that up. Did the list just come out that smoothly, or did you have to work at it?

(It SEEMED effortless, anyway.)

:) Hugs and kisses to the N and the B of the family P-T.

JoKeR said...

I was trying to come up with some witty Rent allusion, but I couldn't think of anything clever enough to say.

Glad your birthday was happy!

Anonymous said...

That's an excellent list of annual discoveries! It certainly has been a good year for Hula Boola. Glad your birthday was a happy one!!!

Anonymous said...

My beloved brother and best friend, and I saw the Broadway show, Rent, together. I absolutely loved it and saw it four more times after that. Yet, last Thanksgiving, when my brother became very ill, I wasn't very compassionate at all. I forgot most of the things the artists taught me about compassion, mainly because I didn't think he was going to die,and thought I would have forever to be good to him, but he did. Now my brother is gone and I cry every single day. I just wish I had read The Giving Tree before he died, instead of after. Remember...No Day But Today. Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving.