Wednesday, August 09, 2006

And then it was over....

You know how some sitcoms do it? They decide most gallantly, that they will end before their time? So that their fans can savor and remember, and miss the show?
That's what Thursday was for me.
You can tell we were both thinking it. Today was the day I would leave. Our visit was over. It was a bittersweet ending. I hated leaving and wanted it to keep going, but I knew I had to get back to my life, my home, my family, and my cat who was missing me like crazy.
As we walked to breakfast, I realized that we were both a little sad and really quiet.
Hugh finally said the words first, "I can't believe you are leaving today".
"Yeah, Me neither!" I said, and I totally meant it. The days had gone by too fast. I wanted a few more days of fun. I wanted more days of play and singing and dancing and nighttime talks. I wanted more time to know and love Hugh.
And breakfast came and went and it was over. I was off to the airport and he was off to his apartment cause he was feeling really crappy that day. And it was done.
I smiled as I got in the taxi, but part of me was so sad I could feel it in my bones. My heart was hurting. How much does it suck to have your BFFI live hundreds of miles away?

A month ago tomorrow, I was in Hollywood California. I was playing and singing and talking but most of all, I was changing my life and my attitudes forever. I will never be the same. It is that simple, yet so complex at the same time.

Thanks God, for Hugh. Thanks for taking care of him and for constantly giving him hope. Thanks for letting me spend a little time in his world. Thanks for his friendship. Thanks for making him my partner in crime. Thanks for teaching me lessons I would have never learned before. And thanks for the hope of another visit, or maybe several. :)
Till then, thanks for the phone and email...and for love. That is the coolest thing in the world. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are welcome back anytime and forever.

and BT too.

it was a life changing visit for me as well. someone who so totally accepts me and knows me for what i am.

you are one of god's angels. thank you baby jesus.

Bonnie said...

Susiederk, you are one of the luckiest girls in the world!! You've been to the top of the mountain and seen the Captain!

GingerBarryBrandt said...

Susie: So sorry the summer is over! :( It was great, huh? The big trip (what words can contain?)... The big house clean (I know you tend to do these things when you have time on your hands -- and you posted about cleaning a closet).... the big sleep (well, at least more zzzzz's than you're likely catching now).... the big dramas (oy vey!). :)

Point being: We know you have been and are quite busy. Really, really. Got things going on, all on, all around.

...But we who read the blog miss you!
Send us a new post real soon, 'kay?

I want to hear about your new batch of kids. Bring on the new kids! Or, really, talk about anything you like. Dinner conversation w/ BT is fine! (Now don't stay up too late just to appease your fans... but maybe serve dinner in front of your computers and see what unfolds? ;))

I'll be checking back in!

Theresa Coleman said...

yeah, what she said.
(hug)