Monday, August 07, 2006

Wednesday in California

Wednesday was all about the shoes. I pulled them out of my suitcase, as I got ready for breakfast.
“Those are tiny! How am I supposed to draw on those?” Hugh said.
“Ugh, with markers...duh! I am sorry they aren’t billboards like yours” I replied. We have the sort of relationship in which we can say that stuff to each other without hurting feelings.
And so we thought and though about my nice, clean, white new Converse that were now walking, almost skipping, to the breakfast place.
We sat down in our regular booth and got ready to order “the usual”… I had only been there two days and I had a “usual”. How boring am I?
“OH! Monkeys! Robot monkeys!” Hugh said as we got our drinks.
“Huh? What? Oh, yeah, the shoes. Sorry.” I guess I had been watching David Spade flirt with the waitress and had forgotten….plus the whole ADD thing.
We talked about angels, maybe some robot monkeys, some devils, some wings, but we finally decided on my trip to California. Who needs a scrap book when you can have shoes that represent the same thing? No one sees scrapbooks often. EVERYONE will see my shoes!!!
So as soon as we walked in the apartment, Hugh got to work on my shoes. First he sketched the airplane ride, then the Hollywood sign. On the other shoe, we decided on cars and the other side, would have the dog park with Polly chasing a butterfly. (I have a thing for butterflies)
So, he sketched and then he put them down and looked at them. He sketched more and more until they were looking like the best shoes I have ever seen in my life.
Then the markers came out and they became a masterpiece.
I love my shoes!!! (Although the dog park could use a bench…*cough*.)

Again, we played, we laughed, we watched Pee Wee’s playhouse, and Hugh tried on all of his hats. He looks sexy in a cowboy hat for sure!
We laughed, we danced, we played, we made CDs and laughed at how 70s his music was/is. OMG! Sooooo 70’s! It was really getting ghetto up in there.

And when we could barely keep our eyes open, we went to sleep, thanking Baby Jesus that we had each other and our friendship…and my new shoes!

3 comments:

Carroll said...

OMG! Those are the BEST SHOES EVER!!!!!!! Seriously spiffy foot gear, Susie. What a fab memento of such a wonderful visit!

Anonymous said...

hee hee. the shoes do still look cool.


it's getting ghetto up in here.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE those shoes!!! love love love them. The Polly portrait is gorgeous. So is this when the Little Baby Jesus thing began? I notice he comes into the blogpost conversation a lot these days.