Friday, July 14, 2006

Message From God.. (part two in a series)

At church a month ago, the guest minister asked the congregation if God ever talked to them. I looked around, astonished that no one raised their hand. God talks to me. I believe God talks to everyone. You just have to be still and listen.

God spoke to me in August. I am surprised that I was ready to listen… I was surprised I was ABLE to listen. I guess when God really wants you to Get It he makes it so you can hear.

We were chatting on rlp chat, like regular…nothing new. I was still in awe of Hugh and his way with words. That never changes. But that day, he was just plain old Hugh, the guy I liked to play the jetsons game with (although he totally cheated). He told us of his life and his birthday and we all marked our calendars and got ready for a virtual party. But God had bigger plans. HE talked to me that day. “Get his address,” he said. “Send him a package, everyone loves birthdays. This guy needs a big birthday gift.”

It took me three days to get the nerve to ask Hugh for his actual address. I was after all still the groupie. I was, after all, still the crazed fan in some people’s eyes. But I got my nerve one night and asked. He happily and easily gave it to me. He wasn’t worried. Maybe God talked to him too. I don’t know.
After asking about a million questions, I was ready to gather things for the package. Honestly, I don’t know what I put in that package. I think I knitted some stuff… I think there were some beads, maybe some balloons… it was meant as a party in a box. It was meant to say, “I think you are great, even if you don’t know me.”

He got it three days early and waited till his birthday to open it. He has more will power than I, certainly. I had done what God asked and it was good. It wasn’t about me. It was about Hugh and his birth, and a reminder from God that he is important.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh, so THAT's the story behind the birthday box! yay to you for listening!
*hug*